There is a place within the Southern Indiana rolling hills that’s called "Limestone Country" because of the stone terrain found there. It is the home of a special outdoor playground of caves, forests, rivers, Bluespring Caverns, Spring Mill State Park and the communities of Bedford and Mitchell.
Paddle, play, explore and more in Limestone Country!
- Hike scenic Spring Mill State Park in Mitchell
- Take a boat ride through underground caverns at Bluespring Caverns in Bedford
- Ride horseback through Hoosier National Forest
- New this year! Fishing now available at Spring Mill State Park
- Coming soon! Paddle boat and kayak rental at Spring Mill State Park
Flip through our Visitor Guide to plan your trip today!
Lawrence County is just 1-1/2 hours south of Indianapolis, within the rolling limestone hills!